Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

St. George




Five months may sound like a long time, but I am here to say that it is not! In the last five months I have moved across the state, started school, been reminded of how much I dislike math, made four new wonderful friends, fallen in love with zumba, realized that while I love watching Ballet, I don't really love Ballet class, started a new job and am learning more about myself then ever before. And these are just the things that I can think of off the top of my head! I'm doing some amazing self discovery. While not all of it is positive, I'm slowly learning how to turn the negative things into strengths. Moving across the state might be the best thing I have ever done for myself. There is something about St. George that makes me feel alive. It might be the warm weather and the red rocks. It might be that I'm bettering myself through school. Or it could be that the move signified a fresh new chapter in my life. Whatever the reason, St. George is where I'm supposed to be.
Everything is new to me! In particularly dance. The whole process of creating and understanding dance is unfolding for me in a new and amazing way! I have only been in school for one semester but I'm understanding dance in a whole new light! Its incredible! Dance is an art form best learned outside of one's comfort zone. Being able to push myself and those around me in a way I have never been pushed before is refreshing. I'm relearning everything!
School is good. I find myself enjoying most of my classes. With math being the exception. I really like my English teacher and am learning a lot from her! (with some help from Chelsea I have written a couple of pretty good papers!)
All of my other classes are going pretty well. Math is, and always will be, my enemy. My Dance 1010 teacher has a very thick Asian accent and it gets kind of hard to understand her. My ballet class is good, but I think I will leave Ballet to the pros. My Modern class is awesome and I have a great teacher!
I have started a totally new job! For the last 3 and 1/2 years I tellered at Cache Valley Bank and when I moved to St. George I tried to get a job in banking, but to no avail. I was, however, offered a job at The Brick Oven. I have worked there now for just over one week and its going pretty well. It kind of sucks cause I don't get to keep any of the tips from the tables I wait on because I'm still shadowing other servers. So I'm pretty much working for 2.13 an hour. OUCH. My manager tells me I will soon have my own section of table though and then I will get to keep the money I earn. That will be awesome.
Easter is soon approaching and Mom and Dad will be visiting me down south this year :) While I shall miss the other members of my family, I look forward to not making a four hour drive for the glazed ham. Which by the way, is my favorite meal of the year!
Alright people, this is all for now. I will let you know how the end of the semester goes!

2 comments:

  1. Um...basically I read this post and my heart filled with love for you. You are doing so well and it sounds like you are having a lot of exciting adventures, I want to come down there some weekend and go to Vegas to buy stuff at H&M, would you be down with that? You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're "finding" yourself! I wish I could move down to the warm weather and red rocks. I think that would be good for me too. :) Love you Ceebs!

    ReplyDelete

Followers