Blog Archive

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My sister writes poems

My sister Mandy travels, A LOT. At times she is only home for a few days before she heads off to another destination! My other sister Chelsea writes poems, one of which she recently wrote for and about Mandy and her travels. One I would like to share here. Enjoy!

in twenty seven years

each time your foot steps

onto another jet plane

i can feel a separation,

a distance, a cavity of space

as though the womb of our

mother that once held each

of us has nearly forgotten

that your blood and mine

are a mixture of the same

resonance, with intonations

that are different, but

complimentary

so many things know you.

so many places have seen you.

the most emerald of grass

and bluest of ice-

sea levels of height

and depth- and each

enhance the color after you have

explored them, changed them,

loved them

while the space moves

in and out of us, space never splits,

never divides, and never damages.

rather embellishes an alliance

that could never be forged by

time or expanse. we are cellularly

fastened, more than blood and water.

everything you see, makes my

life more amplified. every word

i write sits in your ear

you are more than my sister.

you are my world traveller,

my seeker of newness,

my fighting ally,

my maker of music.

-Chelsea Nelson

1 comment:

Followers